- Prony Brake (EL613-43)
- Hand Tool Package (41202)
- Computer (see Computer Requirements)
- Electricity (208 VAC/60 Hz/3 phase)
- Compressed Air
- Learning System Available with Either Regular Banana Leads (85-MT5) or Sheathed Banana Leads (85-MT5SL)
- Motor Braking Learning System (85-MT5A)
- PLC Motor Control Learning System - AB Micro810 (85-MT5AB8)
- Reduced Voltage Starting Learning System (85-MT5B)
- Variable Frequency AC Drive Learning System, AB PowerFlex (85-MT5C)
- Electronic Sensors Learning System (85-MT5D)
- Electronic Counter Learning System (85-MT5E)
- DC Drive with SCR Speed Control Learning System (85-MT5F)
- Latching Stop Pushbutton Learning System (85-MT5HSL)
- Fault Troubleshooting System (890-FTS1)
- Spare Parts Kit (23151)
- Mobile Technology Workstation (82-610)
Amatrol’s Electric Motor Control Learning System (85-MT5) teaches electric relay control of AC electric motors found in industrial, commercial, and residential applications. Learners study industry-relevant skills including how to operate, install, design, and troubleshoot AC electric motor control circuits for various applications.
The 85-MT5 includes a bench top-mount control workstation, motor workstation, AC induction motor, control component panels, multimeter, lead set, and student curriculum that is unmatched within the industry. This system uses industrial-quality components to train learners to become better prepared for what they will encounter on the job. Some of the major components that learners will work with include a control transformer, reversing contactors, manual motor starter, multi-function timer, and control relays.
The 85-MT5 teaches learners how to troubleshoot motor control circuits under realistic conditions. Circuit faults can be introduced using either the included manual fault insertion system or through the optional Fault Troubleshooting System (890-FTS1), which includes Amatrol’s FaultPro, the industry’s only electronic-fault insertion software.